The Mercy Foundation Youth Awards are now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered the competition. The winners will be announced in the week commencing 18 September 2017.
Help us to bring about an END to human trafficking and slavery in Australia.
The Mercy Foundation Youth Awards Video Competition is open to students in Years 10, 11 and 12 across Australia.
It’s hard to believe that human trafficking and slavery is happening in Australia. This hidden practice includes servitude, forced labour, deceptive recruiting for labour or services, trafficking, forced marriage and debt bondage. It involves the exploitation of vulnerable people for a profit and it is an abuse of human rights.
Your challenge is to develop a video campaign, up to 4 minutes long, that
- Explores ONE of the following issues and
- Includes a plan of action that you and your community can take to help abolish this illegal practice.
The issues are:
- Human trafficking and slavery in domestic servitude
- Human trafficking and slavery in restaurant work
- Human trafficking and slavery in agricultural work
First Prize: $700 to be shared by the winning team/s and $700 to be shared by the winning school/s
Second Prize: $350 to be shared by the winning team/s and $350 to be shared by the winning school/s
Third Prize: $200 to be shared by the winning team/s and $200 to be shared by the winning schools
- Competition closes at midnight, Friday, 23 June 2017
- Winners announced week commencing 18 September 2017
- More information for Students
- More information for Teachers
- ENTRY FORM Word version
- ENTRY FORM PDF
- Terms and Conditions: You MUST read these before entering the competition
For more information please call our team on 02 9911 7390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our facebook page Mercy Youth Awards for hints, videos and more!