The Mercy Foundation will be hosting the launch of the research report, Older Women’s Pathways Out of Homelessness in Australia on April 14.
The Special Guest for the launch is The Hon. Anna Bligh, CEO, YWCA NSW
Details as follows:
- When: Monday 14th April 2014. Please arrive by 11.15am. The event will start at 11.30am and finish by 12.45pm
- Where: Mercy Foundation, Poche Centre Auditorium Level 1, Rocklands Road, Wollstonecraft, NSW 2065 (directly opposite the Mater Hospital).
- Register: To register your attendance please email Jane Thackray at email@example.com or for more information contact the Mercy Foundation on 02 9911 7390.
- RSVP: Please RSVP by Wednesday, 9th April.
- Please note spaces are limited and you must RSVP to attend.
To officially launch the report – The Hon. Anna Bligh, CEO YWCA NSW and one of the authors of the report, Dr Maree Petersen, University of Queensland.
This research was funded by the Mercy Foundation and carried out by researchers from the University of Queensland and examines the issue of homeless older women in Australia. Importantly it not only looks at the causes of homelessness, but also at the range of possible solutions and service models. By recognising the diversity of older women, in particular the range in ages, geographies, cultural backgrounds and life circumstances, this research seeks to provide essential evidence to address the challenge of addressing and preventing homelessness.