“Cannot thank you all enough. A** cried when she opened the boxes packed with beautiful and useful items. She was so overwhelmed and kept saying thank you over and over. Thank you truly.” Dominique, Case worker, Western Sydney
“Each Home in a Box we receive is a massive help to our clients who are transitioning out of homelessness. When our clients open the boxes they are delighted with the items found inside and amazed that it’s all brand new and great quality. Thank you to the Mercy Foundation for providing such essential items to those who are rebuilding their lives.” Caroline, Caseworker, inner Sydney
This financial year, we have delivered 118 Homes in Boxes to help people settle into their new home, after spending a long time homeless.
Recent recipients include:
- A woman who was rough sleeping and couch surfing for almost 26 years, finally moving into her own home.
- A woman in her 30’s with a long history of homelessness who was rough sleeping in a carpark for 18 months.
- A woman and her daughter who left home due to domestic violence. They had been sleeping in their car and in refuges for two years.
- A man in his 40’s rough sleeping for two years
- A man in his 40s rough sleeping for more than ten years
- A woman who was homeless for two years due to domestic violence
We acknowledge the incredible work of the service workers who help their clients find housing and ensure that they are provided with whatever support they need to have a successful tenancy. We know that Home in a Box helps make this daunting move a little easier.
In the 2020 financial year, we delivered 42 boxes to families and individuals. In this financial year, we have delivered 118 Homes in Boxes. Thank you to the generous supporters of Home in a Box, we could not have met this demand without your valuable support.