Australia’s Modern Slavery Act 2018 came into force on 1 January 2019. This report by the Australian Government highlights the action to date to implement the Act, and looks ahead at what will be achieved beyond 2020, including
- The fist Commonwealth Modern Slavery Statement
- Establishment of the Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group
- Launching the online Register of modern slavery statements
- Establishing a Modern Slavery Recognition Scheme
- Monitoring compliance and promoting best-practice.