Developed in partnership between Uniting and CHIA NSW, the Working with Older Tenants Toolkit is a resource for providers facing the challenges of accommodation for an ageing population. The Toolkit is a resource for any providers supporting tenants ageing in place (e.g. Community Housing Providers, Aged Care Providers, long-tern accommodation providers).
You can access the toolkit here: https://communityhousing.org.au/information/resources/working-with-older-tenants-toolkit/
This is a valuable resource for all providers facing the challenges of accommodating for an ageing population. The kit provides a number of modules including
- Diversity and older people
- The aged care service delivery model
- Housing adaptations to support ageing in place
- Understanding elder abuse
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Dealing with changes in behaviour.