The Mercy Foundation Youth Awards is a video competition for secondary students in Australia.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Mercy Foundation Youth Awards!
Click here for details.
About the awards
The Mercy Foundation Youth Awards is an annual video competition aimed at developing the advocacy skills of students and encourages them to become more informed about social justice issues and to consider what action that they and their community can take to help protect the rights of vulnerable people in our community.
The awards are run annually and are open to students in secondary school across Australia. Cash prizes are awarded to the winning students and their schools.
2017 Mercy Foundation Youth Awards are now closed.
The theme of the 2017 Youth Awards was Help End Human Trafficking and Slavery in Australia. The details of the competition are below:
It’s hard to believe that human trafficking and slavery is happening in Australia. This hidden practice includes servitude, forced labour, deceptive recruiting for labour or services, trafficking, forced marriage and debt bondage. It involves the exploitation of vulnerable people for a profit and it is an abuse of human rights.
Your challenge is to develop a video campaign, up to 4 minutes long, that
- Explores ONE of the following issues and
- Includes a plan of action that you and your community can take to help abolish this illegal practice.
The issues are:
- Human trafficking and slavery in domestic servitude
- Human trafficking and slavery in restaurant work
- Human trafficking and slavery in agricultural work
$700 to be shared by the winning team/s and $700 to be shared by the winning school/s
$350 to be shared by the winning team/s and $350 to be shared by the winning school/s
$200 to be shared by the winning team/s and $200 to be shared by the winning schools
- Competition closes at midnight, Friday, 23 June 2017
- Winners announced week commencing 18 September 2017
- More information for Students
- More information for Teachers
- ENTRY FORM
- Terms and Conditions: You MUST read these before entering the competition
For more information please call our team on 02 9911 7390 or email email@example.com.
Visit our facebook page Mercy Youth Awards for hints, videos and more!