Congratulations to the winners of the Mercy Youth Awards!
⇒ 1st prize: Ava W. from Emmanuel College Warrnambool
⇒ 2nd prize: Anjani M. from Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College
⇒ 3rd prize: Emma K. from Orange High School NSW
- Catherine McAuley College Bendigo VIC
- Emmanuel College Warrnambool VIC
- Farrer Memorial High School Tamworth NSW
- MacKillop College Bathurst NSW
- Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College North Sydney NSW
The Mercy Youth Awards
The Mercy Foundation Youth Awards is a competition open to high school students across Australia from years 7 to 12. The competition aims to encourage you to learn more about social justice issues in Australia. The competition opens Monday 9 May and closes 5 August 2022.
This year’s topic is Caring for our Earth. It has never been more important or urgent to care for our earth. In the last few years many of us have experienced the impacts of climate change. Disasters such as drought, flood and fire have featured local, nationally and globally. Climate change needs to be managed by the government, however individuals can also make changes in their day to day approach to life that will help make a difference. With the proper approach and care it is possible to maintain or return our planet to a better state than we currently find it in.
1) Create a visual representation, like a cartoon, artwork, collage or photo, that shows the everyday actions that you can take to help address climate change. Take a photo of your creation and upload it with your entry form (NB no faces in your photo).
2) Each entry must include a written paragraph (no longer than 100 words) that explains your photo (ie the everyday actions that you can take to help address climate change). Also, please tell us what is your greatest concern about climate change.
3) AND fill out the Climate Change quiz.
$700 will be awarded to the winning Entrant and $700 will be awarded to the winning school*
$350 will be awarded to the winning Entrant and $350 will be awarded to the winning school*
$200 will be awarded to the winning Entrant and $200 will be awarded to the winning school*
$50 vouchers will be awarded to the next top 10 entries and the school that submits the most entries wins $250.*
*Please note that the judges may award more than one winner in each category. In this case, the winners will share the prize money.
Winners will be notified by the end of August.
Any questions? Email email@example.com